Thursday, January 18, 2018

My Macau and HK Sojourn

No, I have not finally decided to convert this online space into a practical travel weblog after I got hooked on trips abroad recently; there are just too many online travel blogs which I thankfully used as my travel guide. Therefore, don't expect me to share about my favorite places in this post. I still want to keep this space sound personally and hopefully more reflective. What brought this writing into introspection are my personal insights as I went in this journey.

Anyway, every friend back home and each stranger I met abroad always find this trip surprising as I traveled solo. Yes, I traveled SOLO and abroad! And take note, these are Chinese territories where English is scarce both in print and spoken. As a matter of fact, I experienced some locals shooing me away like a fly once they hear me speak. Thankfully there is a huge presence of Filipino workers in these territories I could ask help when finally lost.

It takes balance between the elements of preparation and excitement. Of course, as preparation, I had to research all these better ways to visit the tourist destinations, but the detours actually led to more wonders and surprises. I must tell you that I did not accomplish all my trip plans right; the rest were mistakes, but definitely great! It reminds me that is important that we lay the cards of our desire open but still we must be receptive to grander plans above.

This trip also changed my perspective in a way  that not every one who wanders is lost but is actually found. Others may think about it as just some fancy thoughts they hear from showbiz people. But hey, I am serious!  I think that I learned about myself better in the emotional aspect such as the realization that I can be happy with wonderful thoughts alone. It was the first time I felt genuinely happy because I found and learned a better aspect of myself through this travel.

Reflecting on this whole trip, I realize much as other people said that it was very brave of myself to ever travel alone in these distant and foreign places. Indeed, gone are the nights as a kid when I had to fight the monsters under my bed and in my head. I realized I have grown up that I can wrestle with the real challenges in life. I felt as though no valleys and aches can stop my dreams, are there? This should inspire more outward sojourns in the future.


Serene and contented. Pictures taken at Hong Kong Disneyland
and Ruins of St. Paul Cathedral in Macau. 

At the end of this trip, I can only thank God for the traveling mercy and for all the learned things. Travels, indeed, are teachers that impress valuable lessons meaningfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.