Monday, January 15, 2018

The Black Butterflies

And truth must be told... I decided to give it a try...  I got tattoo etched on my left wrist last December 30. 



At least to me, it was one of the hardest decisions I made to consider the profession that I am in. I expect some stern eye brows would ask: And why butterflies? 

A butterfly symbolizes serene transformation.  I feel like I have gone through and still going through many changes at this period of my life; some wonderful and others outrageous. But in all these changes, I have willingly surrendered and experienced for the better, just like the butterfly in its stages of metamorphosis.

And I remember freedom as the needle kissed the surface of my skin. It was pain that I allowed to kiss my soul, too. I endured the prize, not consequence, of such freedom! I proved to myself that I can stand to my decisions and that no pain that I cannot endure out there. 

I know that in the code that I pledged allegiance, I am bound to show decency including in how I appear physically. But who must define what is decent and not? I am a human with the right to self expression and I remain resolute to such right as long as I do not harm others. 

Let the butterflies fly....

And truth must be told... I have not one but three tattoos ... The other two are mine to keep and your nosy minds to figure out where.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.