Monday, January 14, 2019

I Want My Deschooled, Reluctant and Unassuming Self

First stop of this journey: Hanoi, Vietnam
I found this unfinished blog entry I wrote last December entitled "All I Want for Christmas is My Deschooled, Reluctant and Unassuming Self" which I was supposed to publish as my official year ender post. It is new year now but I believe this musing is never too late to translate into actions.


Wishing to be deschooled, reluctant and unassuming, I am NOT the type of person who is about to give up at any rate now. As a matter of fact, I am still in the ball games. Perhaps I just want to lie low a bit and live life simply as it comes.

I want to deschool my self, just learning things out of natural curiosities rather than being pressured to the usual "learn something new" piece of advice. I want to just explore and discover any thing that piques my curiosity most at the moment.

I want to play reluctant. There is nothing wrong with being self assured as a person, but I would rather want now to just observe people and things rather than join the the bandwagons and their hooplas. I want to reserve to my self my thoughts about them and learn out of observing them. 

I want to remain unassuming. I want to deal people and mean things just the way they are. I want to be objective with situations and emotions. No assumptions and judgements. Just pure and simple thoughts.

We all have fair share of being deschooled, reluctant and unassuming once in our lives. I am bringing back mine this time for good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.