Friday, March 16, 2018

Nuggets of Wisdom from "The Mirror Has Two Faces" Film

Photo credits to http://www.imdb.com.
It is seldom that I write about a movie because the matter of fact is I am not really a movie bum. But I guess this wisdom from a movie clip I happened to watch somewhere recently is worth sharing. It is from the film entitled The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996) starring Barbara Streisand as a teacher and the protagonist.

At the conclusion of her lesson on love, this conversation happened:

Barbara: So the final question is: Why do people want to fall in love when it can have such a short run and be so painful?

Student 1: Propagation of the species?

Student 2: We need to connect with somebody?

Student 3: Are we culturally preconditioned?

Barbara: Good, but too intellectual for me. l think it is because, as some of you may already know… while it does last, it feels fucking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.