Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dreams and Realities

Photo credit: www.thesingingrunner.com.
As I stare at the whole of myself in the wall mirror, I can't help but wonder if I am really the one who I used to dream before. I know that life is never perfect and I must accept the reality that while I aced some of my dreams carefully, there are those that largely slipped out of my hands.

As I look eye to eye with reality, I view a sea of dreams long chased, consciously dismissed, never actualized, and surely gone. I sigh at the reality that I grow weary from reaching my dreams without making steps of achieving them but falling in slumber in the process instead.

Should I just give up my dreams this easy, succumb to simplistic ways and hook with them up later?

But I realize that I still love to dream for had I got tired of slaying more dreams I must have been far from the manifestation of my potentials. I am still the one who I used to dream and I must not bid to tarry. I need to open my eyes wide to the reality and wrestle with the challenges that awaits outside.

As a saying printed on the tarnished cover of notebook: Hold fast to dreams for if dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.