Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Weekend Bummer

I was in seventh heaven. I was supposed to write this post last weekend after a fruitful day until the epic suddenly failed and my nirvana went down the drain...

Last Saturaday, I set out for a dental appointment in GenSan. I went with my former land lady, who I haven't seen for a while. I promised her for a dental cleaning as I also had my dental makeover for the attrition in my two front teeth.

I also had a good chat with Dr. Rosalie Abanto who is very open and kind. Our conversations unexpectedly went from health and business to career and family. Maybe what made our instant friendship is the fact that we are both MSUans and she is even prouder of it.

Photo credit to www.skyscraper.com.
After over an hour at the clinic, I and my land lady decided to stroll around the new Veranza Mall, which is an annex of fashionable restaurants and boutiques. I love the wide brimming waterfalls and the bay ambiance effect one would experience while having an outdoor stroll on its sidewalk.

We entered Moon Cafe and ordered Pizza Jalapeno Diablo for merienda. Aside from the chorizo, tomatillo and quezo, one of its distinct toppings is a kind of pepper which is called jalapeno. I think that the more slices of green eggplants was just a substitute to the few jalapeno pepper in order to give the local diners just a smidgen of spice.


I spotted this at www.foodspotting.com.

I was telling my land lady that the peg of the place is something Mexican because of the colorful ruffled outfits of the waiters until I noticed their sign that simply said Moon Cafe: Mexican Inspired Restaurant. I took a second scan of their menu and found more Mexican sounding food.

And of course, a GenSan visit would not be complete without a plant shop. We dropped by the city garden and strolled there for a little while. After having second thoughts on price, we finally went back the stall and I bought two new beautiful spiky plants as a new addition to my cactus collection.

I got this image from www.ancientsandresorts.com.
  I went home a little late. As the bus was heading the terminal, we were entertained by the spectacle of fireworks exploding in bright colors amidst the black darkness.

I felt it all made my day perfect, so I went home with much eagerness to write about my adventure for that day in my blog as an proud kid would ecstatically narrate to his mother. But my excitement suddenly all fell flat...

I looked at my broadband modem with a sigh and consoled myself. Christmas is coming and I think our internet connection is on Christmas mode as its signal lights keep on fluctuating exactly like those flickering Christmas lights outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.