Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the 4th Be With You

I was wondering what might be special today as I saw a few around the social networks write a queer greeting as the title of this post says.

As I later googled here, May 4 is known as "Star Wars Day". It is jokingly said: "May the 4th be with you" in reference to the popular phrase in Star Wars: "May the Force be with You".

But since I am a no huge Star Wars fan and instead of inviting Star Wars fans to come over, I dallied my way with my two best troopers Weng Clarete and Elisa Batallones to Asian Tongue. It was actually a promised date with them.



Asian Tongue in Koronadal City is located just along GenSan Drive. Manage your expectations like me because there are no aircon facilities; only burning candles to shoo away the flies and hanging Chinese lanterns to probably live to that Asian flavor.

The restaurant is one of those few that offer the affordable buffet called "eat all you can" for ninety nine pesos only. While we were talking about anything, my two pals who are occasional diners at the restaurant told me to eat everything off my plate because they charge for left overs.

It would be too premature to rate Asian Tongue. Perhaps a comeback to taste their Asian menu is a good idea.

After that, we headed to KCC Mall to idle dally. I was fortunate enough to drop by Book Sale because there were new stocks. I was able to grab a second hand copy of The Loves of Harry Dancer, another novel by my favorite writer Lawrence Sanders. This erotic suspense novel spins a seductive web for two female predators whose goal is to capture the heart of a man in a game of deadly intrigue.

I decided to break my compulsions on favorite authors, so I also ventured on science fictions and bought Science Fiction: The Best of 2004, a collection of twelve best science fiction prose. From the list, I am initially intrigued with "The Lost Pilgrim" by Gene Wolfe, "Three Days in a Border Town" by Jeff Vandeermeer, and "The Tang Dynasty Underwater Pyramid" by Walter Williams.


So, that's all I did this day of May the 4th Be With You since I am a no huge Star Wars fan and instead of inviting Star Wars fans to come over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.