Sunday, April 7, 2013

You're Not Alone

I have a very few of favorite poems and I  attempt not quite often. The following poem entitled "You're Not Alone" which I wrote for an assignment back in college is actually a reply to a very touching poem entitled "Alone" by Maya Angelou which you an read in a link here.


Thinking pensively
Now tonight
Can I make your soul a home
Where water isn't thirsty
Nor bread loaf a stone?
I believe of the same thing
I know you were not wrong
That nobody,
And nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Hush now, I'm here
You're not alone
We can make it out together.

Soon the born to the purple 
Will know and all the people
That not all in the world
That glitters are gold
And not a doctor's pill
Can ease a heart's ill
And nobody
Yes, nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Hush now, I'm here
You're not alone
We can make it out together.

If the clouds are gathering
Know that each has silver lining
And fear not the wind's blow
It can't cut us swathe through
Hear not the moan of suffering
But the call of God in heaven
For nobody
And nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Hush now, I'm here
You're not alone
We can make it out together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.