Saturday, April 27, 2013

Vigan for New 7 Wonders Cities

Just a note to say.

If you haven't cast your vote for the New 7 Wonders Cities, then this is your chance to show your reasonable support for our cities to qualify for the next phase.

I am not putting down other Philippine cities nominated, but if I would be asked which one of our cities I would like to enter the next cut, I would not think twice about the awesome city of Vigan. 

I haven't personally visited Vigan but I am constantly awed by its charm and glory. No other city in the region can match its material allure and rich history.

I think Vigan is the best preserved colonial city in the Philippines. It is very famous for its unique architecture that fuses local Oriental design with colonial Occidental architecture - a beautiful antithesis that is nowhere to be found in the world.

Materially rich aside, its landmarks like churches, plazas, houses and streets speak of so many stories of the past. It is a living museum that transports one to the old centuries back when the city was a center of religion, politics, economy and culture.


If I would to live in the past, I would love to experience Ciudad de Vigan.

The 28 Official Finalist Candidates in the New 7 Wonders Cities campaign that garnered the highest votes will be chosen on September 7 of this year.

The same organization was responsible for the New 7 Wonders of Nature where our very own Puerto Princesa Undergroung River was hailed as one. Remember during the selection, only one entry with the highest vote was chosen per continent.

To vote for Vigan and other cities directly, please visit the official website in this link here www.new7wonders.com/en/cities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.