Friday, March 1, 2013

Feeling Young

I used to be a shy bloke and I didn't like attending JS Proms during my high school days. As a matter of fact, I only had one prom experience which was during my junior year. I remember I felt so relieved during my senior year after learning that our prom fell on the very same week that I would have to leave school for a national writing contest.


Last night, eight years fast forward, I was again on that very same event of ball gowns, but this time I have to say that I really had a blast! A compensation of my not-so-enjoyable JS Proms in the past? A sort of!

I was tasked to introduce our guest speaker. Nothing much to dig on Sir Wennie M. Aclo because he is our fellow in the school. He warned me not to mention his age but I was probably overwhelmed by the happy company that we had that I slipped my tongue about his little secret!

We also had a search for the night's love birds. In the end, the lucky boy and girl were crowned. We were talking at the back that it must have been destined for the boy to be Mr. JS Prom that night as he did not know how to dance waltz among all the boys and the title gave him endless opportunities to practice waltzing his way with the Ms. JS Prom!

The dances were very spectacular. And hey, I don't mean to exaggerate when I say that! I so love Latin dances and the selected junior and seniors just did a great job! I also appreciate the waltz which I had seen they've been practicing the whole week! Kudos for you made it best!

After the social dances, love duets and fine dine, it was time for picture taking. I and my fellow Shiela Pama grabbed the crowns of Mr. and Ms. JS Prom and had it worn in our pictorials!



Then it was time to party! The lights were turned off and the disco music was played loud! I never used to conquer the dance floor but I saw the expectant look of my fellows and I didn't want to spoil the fun of the night, so I gave it a shot! Others followed our way!

Well, I actually haven't recovered from the hang over last night, so I guess I must have missed my bed! Good night, my dear friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.