Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sunbird

While sitting in our balcony this afternoon I heard again this distinct sharp call somewhere in the bushes - a sign that my bright feathered friend is just around the corner.


Sunbird feeding on fallen banana blossoms (left) and a larger view of it (right).

Our ornamental banana blossoms beside the garden have been a favorite stopover among the beautiful sunbirds. I regularly see them also hovering among our flowering plants around or perching on the branches of our guava tree which seemingly bears sweet smelling fruits endlessly.

I think the sunbirds is our local version of the famous humming birds in other countries. It is small, has a long curving beak, and can fly swiftly with its short wings in any direction. In most that I have seen, their underparts are bright yellow and their backs are dull brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.