Monday, November 19, 2012

Camping Blues

For the last week, my hands were full - literally and figuratively, and I am still suffering from overwork this moment. Ha! Ha! Ha! Actually, I attended the Scout Jamborette and Kawan Holiday held at the cool foot area of the majestic Mt. Matutum in Landan, Polomolok, South Cotabato from November 14 - 18. 



The camping was really a mixed experience of getting through life in the barest human living, not to mention that we were grounded in such a phone dead spot. If I am to describe the kind of life I had there in a nutshell, I would say it is "survival". But really what I intend to spin yarn is not about the activities that we had at the camp in specific but about the damn realization that there are some damn simple, and actually just damn ordinary, things that I missed to learn in this world of real living, and how good-for-nothing I am!

Good-for-Nothing 101. Give me a pen and a heap of papers and I will live in a corner in serenity for the rest of my life . Just not a hammer, not a shovel, not a hacksaw, not a bolo, not a nail.  Carpentry? Sadly, not mine.

Good-for-Nothing 102. Okay, we all know that we all eat forever, but one cannot expect me to do a great cooking show. I can't help but be green with envy to people who are blessed with talent in the kitchen.

Good-for-Nothing 103. And I admit that I really am a futile that even peeling and slicing vegetables seems an awkward thing for me to do. I do not damn well know if my being left handed has something to do with my poor fine motor skills on this.

I was not born with a silver platter, but these and among other common things are not just my fields, if they are fields. In fact, of all the tasks that life can offer, I hate them all. Ha! Ha! Ha! Maybe it is because I grew up a lazy homebody so I never bothered to learn them. Maybe if I will have more willingness in me, I will try - someday.

Help, anyone? Yawn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this article been interesting, informative or inspiring? I want to know what's going on your side. Please leave your comments. Thank you.